- Find Work
- Find Talent
- About Us
- Contact Us
DECEMBER 5TH 2016
Founded by our Managing Director, Philip Atkins, the EPAs recognize the best and brightest event photographers every year.
The Event Photography Awards is open to anyone working in the events and hospitality industry who has captured ‘the moment’ during an event that has taken place between 1st January and 31st December of the preceding year. The awards are open to both amateur and professional photographers and entrants can submit up to three photographs into any chosen category.
The judges have expressed their excitement to be involved in the 2017 awards and are looking forward to reviewing the best images capturing the event industry.
From a mix of event backgrounds, including organisers, industry experts, venues, photographers, associations and suppliers, the judges include;
- Alan Whiter, Commercial Director, Twelfth Man
- Chris Skeith, CEO, Association of Event Organisers
- David Wise, Managing Director, Wise Productions
- Debs Armstrong, CEO, Strong & Co
- Jennifer Jensen, Manager, Liverpool Convention Bureau
- Jeremy Rees, Executive Director, ExCeL London
- Johnny Roxburgh, Johnny Roxburgh Creative Architects
- Madeleine Johnson, Senior Account Director, Blondefish
- Mark Riches, Founder and Director, FIRST
- Matt Storey, Group Director, The Gallowglass Group
- Nick de Bois, Chairman, UK Events Industry Board
- Philip Atkins, Managing Director, Off to Work
- Richard Dodgson, Timebased Events
- Rick Stainton, Managing Director, Smyle
- Robin Parker, General Manager, Church House Westminster
- Stuart Cain, Managing Director, Commercial Marketing, NEC Group
- Stuart Jenkins, Managing Director, MJT Holdings Ltd
- Toby Heelis, Co-Founder, Eventopedia
- Toby Wand, Managing Director, Fresh Montgomery
“Photography means to me: capturing the unique moments of life,” commented Johnny Roxburgh. “What makes a great photo: something which is special to the photographer and to which the viewer can relate. For this year’s awards I expect creativity, innovation and a connection between the heart, the head and the lens.”
Robin Parker said, “I am delighted to be involved with the judging of the awards this year. Photography is hugely important in my life, it captures those special moments and evokes incredible memories. The standard of the Event Photography Awards grows each year and my expectations for 2017 are very high. The range of events featured and the quality of the pictures just gets better and better.”
“It’s an honour to be asked to be part of the judging panel for this year’s awards to recognise some of the amazing imagery which captures some magical moments,” said Stuart Jenkins.
The Event Photography Awards are now open for entry until 31st January 2017.
For more information on the categories and entry process, visit
Notes to editors:
For more information, please contact Charlotte Parham at [email protected]