Welcome to the Event Photography Awards 2015
“Photography is an art of observation. It’s about finding something interesting in an ordinary place. I’ve found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them”
– Elliot Erwitt
Can YOU capture an amazing experience?
Ever fancied yourself as the next David Bailey CBE? It’s time to start gathering your most captivating photographs as the Event Photography Awards (EPAs) entries open on 20th October 2014. Launched by Off To Work, these awards give you the change to gain the recognition you deserve, whether you’re a professional or amateur photographer.
The EPAs are designed to be a celebration of the incredible and diverse nature of the events and hospitality industry, its personality and its influence. We hope to see photographs that capture the dramatic settings, stunning occasions, memorable moments and emotive reaction that events deliver.
The second year of these prestigious awards welcomes entries for Best Professional and Best Amateur for each of the following categories:
- Trade Shows
- The Moment
- Behind The Scenes
- Grand Prix
- Best Mobile Photo
Deadlines for entries is 20th January 2015 and shortlisted applicants will be announced at the end of January 2015 ready for the awards ceremony in early March.
This year we have confirmed the following independent and experienced judges:
- Carlo Zoccali, Head of Events at Arsenal
- Claire Stokes, CEO Circle Agency
- Kathryn James, MD, NEC
- Anthony Floreano, CEO Freeman UK
- David Hornby, Why Not Consult?
- Anthony Hyde, MPI, Barbican etc
- Nick James, Digital Marketing Show
- Alan Whiter, Action Images
- Sandy Angus, CEO Montgomery Exhibitions / Chairman, Sony World Photography Awards
Prizes and recognition
All category winners will receive the acclaim of being named Event Photographer of the Year for their chosen category, coupled with a great selection of prizes and recognition opportunities, which include but are not limited to:
- Winning photographs professionally printed and mounted to form the basis of the Event Photography Awards Exhibition, which will run throughout April 2015 at the London Irish Centre’s exclusive gallery space
- Photographs published within a dedicated editorial feature in the Spring issue of Xposure magazine